Isolation transformers do not have a DC path between two windings, which means they provide these three things:
- Isolate the secondary winding from the ground.
- Provide a step up or step down of line voltages.
- Reduce line noise transmitted back and forth between the primary winding and the secondary winding.
The Advantages of Isolation Transformers
Isolation transformers completely isolate electrical devices from the supply line, so they
are often used in medical environments because they:
- Reduce the risk of shock to a patient.
- Have a low leakage current.
- Have low power losses.
- Are compact in size and weight.
Contact Us for Isolation Transformers
If you’re in the market for isolation transformers, contact Schott Magnetics today. We can design according to your unique specifications for contract manufacturing, so you get exactly what you need to get the job done right.