Power transformers (also referred to as electrical power transformers) work by combining three important components/stages:
- The primary winding is connected to an electrical source where the main flux is induced.
- The primary source passes the main flux through the magnetic core.
- The main flux continues to the secondary winding through a low reluctance path to create a magnetic circuit that closes the flux.
Main Uses for Power Transformers
Power transformers have many uses, including:
- AC and DC motor drives
- Unregulated power supply (UPS)
- Switch mode power supplies (SMPS)
- Traction motor control
- Induction heating
Find the Power Transformer You Need
Schott Magnetics assembles electrical power transformers to each customer’s specifications. To get exactly what you need, contact us today!